Prairie Valley School Division only accepts applications online. However, school bus drivers can also submit an application by fax or in person. We love to meet face to face with potential bus drivers when possible. When applying, whether in person or online, we ask you to include a cover letter and a resume.
Tell us why you want to work with Prairie Valley School Division and what you’re looking for in a career. Your cover letter should include:
- The position you’re applying for and the competition number
- Why you’re uniquely qualified for the position
- A summary of your education, experience and skills and how they’ll contribute to the job
Don’t forget, your resume is a reflection of you and what you’ve accomplished. When writing your resume:
- Ensure that your daytime contact information is current
- List your education, employment experience and volunteer work
- Choose references who can comment on your skills and abilities, and are available in the weeks following your application
When submitting the application online, you must complete the entire form for your application to be considered. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted, usually within 1 to 4 weeks of the competition closing date.
In our competency-based interviews, there will usually be a selection committee made up of two or three people. The competencies for the position you applied for are included in the position description. For the interview:
- Bring a copy of your resume and references
- Learn about Prairie Valley School Division and what’s important to us
- Include copies of your professional credentials (education certificates, professional associations, etc.)
- Think of questions about Prairie Valley and the role you’ve applied for
- Be yourself
All employees of the division are required to submit a criminal record check with vulnerable sectors check. We require an original that is no older than 3 months.
We appreciate everyone who shows interest in employment with Prairie Valley!
For more information, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.