Applications are accepted and interviews are conducted for teaching and other positions throughout the year. The majority of hiring begins in May. However, replacement, temporary and other positions become available throughout the year and offers of employment may be made to members of the general applicant pool as vacancies arise. Until regular opportunities arise, successful applicants may be invited to the substitute/casual pool.
To submit a general application, go to our online application page. Remember to check back regularly to Current Job Opportunities and apply for specific postings.
School bus drivers may submit and application by fax at 306-543-1771 or in person at the Education Centre. We love to meet face to face with potential bus drivers when possible.
When submitting an application online, you must complete the entire form for your application to be considered. We encourage you to also include a cover letter and resume:
Your cover letter should include:
- The position you are applying for and the competition number
- Why you want to work for Prairie Valley School Division
- A summary of your education, experience and skills as they specifically relate to the position
When preparing your resume:
- Ensure that your contact information is current
- Clearly list all education, employment experience and volunteer work
- Choose references who can comment on your job performance and are available in the weeks following your application
Interviews are usually conducted by a panel of two or three people. For the interview:
- Learn about Prairie Valley School Division and what's important to us
- Bring copies of your professional credentials
- Think of questions about Prairie Valley School Division and the position you have applied for
- Be yourself
All offers of employment are subject to Human Resources receiving a satisfactory criminal record check with a vulnerable sector search. We require an original that is no older than 3 months.
We appreciate everyone who shows interest in employment with Prairie Valley!
For more information, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.