Duties will commence on August 1, 2019, or at a mutually agreed date. This position is located at our Education Centre in the RM of Sherwood, minutes north of the City of Regina limits. Our communities are inviting and diverse, ranging from suburban to rural, with attractive accommodations and a wide variety of year-round activities including camping, canoeing, fishing, skiing and golfing.
The Deputy Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Instruction and School Operations portfolio and for identifying, initiating and integrating resources and efforts across the school division in support of student achievement and the actualization of the school division strategic plan.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Master's Degree in Education
- A minimum of ten years of successful teaching experience in Canadian schools combined with at least five years of administrative and supervisory experience as a senior leader in education
- Eligibility for membership within LEADS
- A passion for public education and commitment to providing opportunities for all students to succeed
- Demonstrated abilities in instructional leadership, strategic thinking, adaptive change management and innovative programming
- A continual focus on data informed improvement and analysis of performance in all aspects of service delivery to schools and students
- A proven commitment to achieving the provincial Education Sector Strategic Plan priorities in pre K to Grade 12 education
- Excellent working knowledge of best practices for 21st century teaching, learning and operations from a classroom, school and central office perspective with sound organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relations with central and school-based staff, Board members, communities and other stakeholders
The salary range for this position is $171,950 to $184,200 with a full range of employee benefits.
Individuals interested in this senior level opportunity are encouraged to submit a letter of application, resume as well as a list of three (3) references (one of which should be the current or most recent immediate supervisor). All applications received by 5:00 pm on May 15, 2019 will receive careful consideration. Please direct any questions and submit applications to:
Director of Education
Prairie Valley is a progressive school division that delivers educational services to more than 8,500 students in 39 schools located in 32 communities around Regina and throughout southeast Saskatchewan, extending east to Kennedy, south to Sedley and Milestone, north to Kelliher and west to Bethune. Recognized for our unique programming and service delivery model, the School Division also provides services to students from 15 First Nations and two Hutterian Colonies. We are a dedicated and energetic team of professionals committed to improving learning opportunities and outcomes for all children and youth.