Prairie Valley School Division supports home-based education in a variety of ways. Supports include:
- Curriculum guidance;
- Textbooks and learning resources used within the school division;
- Access to school division resource centers;
- Access to individual courses in a school through application to the Superintendent of Curriculum and Learning;
- Assessment tools;
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- Driver education;
- Reimbursement of approved actual expenses to a maximum of $300 per year ($150 for Kindergarten students); and
- Access to Distance Learning courses
Forms and Templates
The Home-based Education Program Regulations, 2013
The Home-based Education Program Regulations, 2013 have been amended as a result of amendments made to The Education Act, 1995. The change to The Home-based Education Program Regulations, 2013 consists of an amendment to clause 6(2)(e) of the regulations. In addition to the legislative amendment, The Saskatchewan Home-based Education Policy Manual has been revised to support home-based families and school division personnel.
These and other helpful documents can be found on the Saskatchewan.ca> Homeschooling website.