On October 11, 2017, the Board of Education of Prairie Valley School Division passed a motion to place Edenwold School into the school review process as prescribed in The School Division Administration Regulations
under The Education Act
The criteria that will be considered during the review is:
- The physical condition of the school
- The operational cost per pupil
- The number of grades combined in each classroom
- Distribution of enrolments by grade level
- Projected enrolments in future
- Condition and capacity of potential receiving school(s)
- Availability of educational programming
Each of the above criteria will be considered in the context of best interests of students, the school, the school division and communities.
As of November 1, 2017, the school review committee is formed, consisting of four representatives from the Edenwold SCC, two from the Village of Edenwold and two from the surrounding rural municipalities. The school review committee will seek public input and prepare a report to the Board of Education.
For more information, contact the Edenwold SCC.