1. Reading is peaceful and relaxing.
2. Reading makes me a better writer; I can learn lots of strategies from different authors and be inspired.
3. Reading is a great pastime; it’s something I can do anytime, anywhere.
4. Reading lets me use my imagination; it helps build my imagination.
5. Reading is like a movie or television show in my mind.
6. Reading is like exercise for your brain; it feeds your mind and makes you smarter. I learn something every time I read a book.
7. Reading allows me to escape to another world, live new adventures and experience the lives of characters.
8. Reading helps build my vocabulary so I can communicate more clearly.
9. Reading allows me to communicate and stay connected to my friends.
10. Reading is fun!
As part of the Drop Everything and Read Challenge, students were asked to fill in individual hearts with their top reason, and schools created displays to showcase how much their school loves reading!