At Balgonie Elementary School we believe that participating in athletic and extracurricular activities is important to our students. These activities help our students develop many important life skills including responsibility, integrity, caring, respect, academics and cooperation. Our student participants commit to these athletic and extracurricular responsibilities and complete a PVSD & BES Athletics / Extracurricular Expectations & Contract with their advisors.
Balgonie Elementary School will be offering various activities each school year. Some potential offerings may include:
- Badminton (Grades 7-8)
- Basketball (Pee Wee Boys’ & Girls’ - Junior Boys’ & Junior Girls’)
- Cross Country
- Flag Football
- Intramurals (Grades 7-8)
- Soccer (Grades 5-6)
- Track & Field (Grades 4-6 & 7-8)
- Volleyball (Pee Wee Girls’ & Boys’ - Junior Boys' & Girls’)
Arts, Culture and Academic Clubs / Activities
- B.E.S.T / Homework Club
- Book Clubs
- Christmas Concert
- Core French
- Girls’ Club
- Jazz/Concert Band
- Middle Level Club
- Outdoor Education
- Student Citizenship Projects including Terry Fox Run, Telemiracle, Community "Pitch In & Community Clean Up", Random Acts of Kindness
- Student Leadership Committee
- Writer's Club
Thank you to all our volunteers!
We are very fortunate to have so many staff volunteering their time in all of the above areas.