ASIST is founded on the principle that everyone can make a difference in preventing suicide. The more people in the community who have suicide intervention training, the more likely it is they will be able to identify someone at risk and intervene to keep them safe.
Many professionals attend ASIST because suicide intervention skills are essential for their work and in many organizations, ASIST is a mandatory component of training. Other people attend simply because they want to be able to help someone in need, in much the same way they might learn CPR. Because the training is comprehensive and doesn't rely on prior qualifications, they can have the same meaningful experience as a professional caregiver.
• Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers
• A scientifically proven intervention model
• Powerful audiovisual learning aids
• Group discussions
• Skills practice and development
• A balance of challenge and safety
• Participant materials include a 20-page workbook, wallet card, and stickers.
• Participants also receive a certificate upon completing the workshop.