At Indian Head High School, there are a variety of event that occur that raise money for school intiatives or events. A detailed summary for each event is provided at the completion of the activity. Here are the activities planned for 2018-19.
1. Outdoor Education - Canoe Club: In June the outdoor education class heads North to Stanley Mission to visit Nistowiak, Twin, and Robertson Falls. Fundraising is done annually to subsidize the cost to transport students, equipment, and canoes for the journey. The annual budget is presented at the parent's meeting in May. This year fundraising events will include the following:
a. Bottle recycling -
b. Broncs football canteen -
c. Heartbreaker Canteen - $
d. Track/Cross country canteen - $
2018 Football Canteen Summary -
2. SLC - Every year the school generates money that is directly given back to special events such as admission to year end activities, a t-shirt for first time students, graduation scholarship, spirit day prizes, or guest speakers. Funds are raised through the following methods:
a. Milk vending machine
b. Canteen sales (lunch and tournament)
c. October Spirit Week Activities
d. DQ Lunch
c. SRC Carnival: Expenses
3. Tournament Entry Fee - Volleyball and Basketball teams that attend tournaments at IHHS will be charged a $100 fee to enter the tournament. If the IHHS enters the other school's tournament fees are cancelled. There will be no admission for IHHS events (ex eption -SHSAA provincial events and performance fees associated with drama productions). In 2018-2019 admission will be charged by IHHS to attend high school football games (this will go to offset transportation costs).
4. Pink Tournament - Every year The senior and junior girls basketball teams play a pink tournament with proceeds going towards cancer research. Officiating costs are covered by team fees and IHHS decentralized budget. All money collected will go to cancer research.
2011-2015 game donation $4183.15
2016 game donation $1957.31
2017 game donation $3397 - trophy expenses =
2018 game donation $
June 16, 2016 - A donation of $6140.46 was donated to a charity called "Kids With Cancer". The donation was matched by an annonymous individual. Therefore the total benefit from the Heartbreaker Tournament is $12 280.92. Congratulations to all the teams past and present for their support!
5. Extra-Curricular Fundraising - Admission will be charged for the 2018-19 school year for football.
a. Broncs Parent Donation (MAPP Grant) - $500
6. Acrhery - Funds used to subsize National and Provincial archery competitions (includes transportation and registration fees)
a. Hawk Squadron #691 donation $200
b. Indian Head and District Wildlife Federation donation
Fundraing also does occur through the Band Parent Association and Broncs Parent Association. Please contact these organizations for a breakdown of their fundraising intitiatives.