School Goal #1 - Higher
Literacy and Achievement
To improve achievement for all students in Literacy (Reading or Writing)
1. 80% of NVE students from grades 1-3 will show growth of 2 or more levels in the Fountas and Pinnell Assessment by June of 2014.
2. 80% of NVE students from grades 4-6 will show growth of 1 level in the Fountas and Pinnell Assessment by June of 2014.
3. In one unit of science study the teachers will conduct a pre and post assessment for students on the vocabulary words within that unit. All students from grades 1 to 6 will be able to successfully identify and understand 80% of the vocabulary words on the post assessment by May 31st, 2014.
School Goal #2
To improve Math Skills in all students
80% of the students in grades 3 to 6 will achieve a score of adequate or higher in the post number strand assessments by May 31st, 2014
80% of the students in grades 1 and 2 will achieve a score of adequate or higher in the post number strand assessments for each outcome by May 31st, 2014.
School Goal #3
To improve outcomes for all students in Behavior
1. Ideally we would like 0% of students to experience bullying, however based on last years results we have written this goal:
Students who are victims of bullying will be reduced to 25% in grades 4-6 based on the Tell Them From Me Survey in June of 2014 as compared to our results from this same survey in June 2013.
2. 80% of the students in each grade will receive a minimum of 2 “Bucket Fillers” cards in our assessment months of January 2014 and March 2014.