Indian Head High School Cell Phone Policy
Students are required to place their cell phones in the designated location, identified by their teacher, at the beginning of every class.
If a student does not place their cell phone in the designated location and they are in possession of their phone during class time their phone will be confiscated by the classroom teacher or educational assistant.
If students are accessing their phones during instructional time at their lockers or in the hallways, their phone will be taken to the office.
- If it is a morning class, they can pick up their phone from the office at lunch
- If is it an afternoon class, they can pick up their phone from the office at the end of the school day
Students are permitted to use their phone between classes and during noon hour.
Taking pictures, videos, or posting to social media without consent is a violation of PVSD's acceptable use policy.
Cell phone use in the bathrooms or change room is not permitted.
Students are permitted to use their cell phone during class if prompted by their teacher for instructional purposes.
Students are expected to respect other's property, failure to do so will result in the loss of cell phone privileges.
Repeat offences will result in longer loss of privilege and parental contact.
If cell phone violations persist, administration reserves the right to revisit the policy.
The following guidelines may be used to address cell phone violations:
- First offense – Loss of phone privileges for half a day
- Second offense – Phone is checked in to the office in the morning for three days. Access is granted during lunch. Parents are contacted.
- Third offense – Phone is checked into the office in the morning for five days. Access is granted during lunch. Parents are contacted.
- Fourth offense – Student is not permitted to bring their phone to school for five days. Parents are contacted.