As partners we share in a community which fosters a commitment to communication, to caring, and to positive attitudes.
James Hamblin School, a caring community, where children and their needs, as learners are priorities.
This We Believe!
Each of our students is special and each brings to our school unique skills, abilities, and needs. By actively listening to our students, by working co-operatively with them, by modeling what we believe, by working proactively with parents and with our community, and by providing a safe, caring, and orderly school climate, we believe we can positively influence the lives of our students.
We have so much to offer........
- regionally & provincially recognized teaches
- pro-active attendance policy
- membership with the League of Peaceful Schools
- anti-bullying & zero tolerance to violence initiatives
- School Community Council school partnership
- citizenship development through student volunteer programs involvement with a variety of charities
- cross-grade mentoring projects
- senior citizen involvement in the school
- sponsorship of a foster child
- positive mail delivery
- band program for Grades 6-9
- extra-curricular sports
- drama club
- improv comedy group
- choir for Grades 3-9
- K-9 learning environment
- fully equipped science lab
- fully equipped gym
- fully equipped fitness room
- fully eqipped nutrition centre
- mobile computer lab
- internet access throughout the school
- computers in all classrooms
- an excellent library
- outdoor basketball court
- wildlife habitat area