Inclement Weather Plan - Billet
If the weather becomes inclement during or at the end of the school day, the ÉLES billet plan will go into effect. It is imperative that all students have a billet that can be contacted as an alternate after-school-home. This is important for town as well as bus students because neither town nor bus parents may be able to return home.
In an effort to ensure safety for all students if a major weather event occurs, ÉLES is asking parents to review and become familiar with the following school plan:
1. ÉLES will email all parents as soon as notice is received. Please check your email
regularly on bad weather days.
2. It would be helpful if parents contacted billets to ensure they are available to pick up
the children. If alternate arrangements are made, please call or email to inform ÉLES.
This information will be recorded for the teacher and office personnel.
3. Children will be supervised in their classroom or at the office to await pick up.
4. Town students will not be dismissed until ÉLES has assurance that there is someone at
home or picking up the student.
Please understand that ÉLES will do its best to disperse students as quickly and calmly as possible. However, you may be asked to wait in line to sign out students and you may need to wait for the telephone to be answered.
School Phone Number: (306) 731-3338
Inclement Weather Plan - PVSD Initiated Bus Cancellation
Mid-day bus cancellations can pose a particular set of challenges as we work to ensure that communication allows for safe, efficient pick up of all students. On these days, communication will be send out first from the PVSD Transportation Department outlining the details of the cancellation.
Please see the following steps:
1. If you need to contact your child at the school to make arrangements, we ask that you speak directly to your child's homeroom teacher and cc the school at firstname.lastname@example.org - Our experience has been that when large numbers of parents call the main school number at the same time, the phone system quickly becomes overwhelmed, making any communication difficult. Homeroom teachers will manage communication for those children under their care, so (in these circumstances) please make your child's teacher the first point of contact.
2. We also ask that, for these busy times, parents report to the office via the main east entrance to arrange for pick up. Once notified, office staff will assist with connecting you with your child / children.
These two actions will assist us in managing the quantity, and ensure safe transition for the many bus students who attend our school.
Prairie Valley School Division is committed to delivering safe and reliable transportation services to students. In doing so, we are guided by school division policies and procedures.
If you have concerns or questions regarding your child's transportation, please complete the form posted below. Concern forms are reviewed regularly and you will hear back from us within a week. If your concern is an emergency please contact us at the phone numbers listed above.
Bus Drivers for 2018-2019
|Color||Last Name||First Name||RTE #||Bus #|
| ||Karon||Carissa|| ||2|
| ||Sylvestre||Jo-Anne ||23||67|