We offer the full range of academic courses for kindergarten to grade 8, including an optional band program (grades 6 to 8), Core French for grades 3 to 8, Career Guidance for grades 5 to 8, and Practical and Applied Arts for grades 7 and 8.
Higher Literacy and Achievement Strategies:
· Strategic intervention experiences will be provided to students to improve reading and math achievement;
· Teachers will utilize mobile learning technologies to support reading and writing development;
· Teachers will collaborate and plan together in learning teams to support student learning.
· Fountas & Pinnell Benchmarks Levelled Literacy Intervention System to stimulate and assess student reading growth;
· RAD – Reading Assessment to assess student reading growth;
· Project CRISS
· Daily 5 & Café within Reader’s Workshop;
· Classroom based “at home” reading programs;
· Literacy events as planned by the SCC
· Birthday Books for all students
· Writer’s Workshop;
· 6 + 1 Writing Traits;
· PVSD various math strand Pre/Post Assessment Activities to inform instructional planning;
· Mathletics Strategic Student Intervention (24/7 online individualized intervention);
· small group instruction
· Tracking of attendance at the office level daily
· Letters sent home to families after 5 absences and every 5 absences thereafter
· Students accountable for work missed –generally within one day after their return
· Student attendance highlighted to improve attendance rates through increased awareness.
· Code of Conduct
· Embed student readiness training, modeling and support in all actions, practices, and activities;
· Positive Behavioural Intervention Strategies (PBIS) utilized to support student behavioural intervention learning experiences;
· Student Behaviour Plans and Contracts developed as needed to support consistent positive behavioural choices.
· Planning supports with Student Support team, especially the Child and Family Ssupport Worker